Screen Careers: Location Manager
Paul Bach Davies
Credits: The A-List, Keeping Faith, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Hinterland
- 1982-83 - A stage manager training scheme at Theatr Felinfach in Ceredigion.
- 1983 - 1991 - Freelance touring stage manager on various theatr productions throughout Wales.
- 1991 -1992 - Assisstant Floor manager at ITV Wales, working on mainly studio and location drama.
- 1993 -1995 - Freelance runner/ 3rd assisstant director on various dramas for S4C/BBC Wales
- 1995 - Location manager on a drama series for S4C called Pris y Farchnad (this was really the case of being thrown in the deep end)
- 1995 -2020 - Supervising location manager and location manager on all sorts of drama/films/commercials for most networks.
Career Future Goals
- My main goal is to find individuals who are keen to make a career in location managment and to do it properly.
- Caring, nurturing and pointing fantastic individuals in the right direction who have now made a name for themselves in the film and TV industry. Last count was 14.
- As for a specific project, Gwyll/Hinterland has to be the most satisfying location drama that I've done.