Screen Careers: Line Producer & Production Manager
The line producer is at the heart of a production, hiring the crew, allocating the money and making sure the filming is done safely, creatively, on budget and on time. They are typically the most senior member of the production team, second only to the producers.
Credits: One Way to Denmark, Ellen, Living a Lie
- 1994 - Office Secretary/Admin at Opus Television, an independent television production company based in Cardiff. Given the opportunity to experience working on various programmes including light entertainment, OBs and events
- 1995 - Promoted within the company to Production Co-ordinator on S4C Drama Series (Y Palmant Aur) that ran for 3 series
- 2001 - Started as Production Co-ordinator at the drama department of BBC Wales. Working on regional and network programmes.
- 2003 - 2005 Production Co-ordinator on various BBC Dramas ‘Casualty’, and ‘Doctor Who’
- 2005 - Returned to work at Opus Television as a freelance Production Manager on a brand new drama series for S4C (Cowbois ac Injans)
- 2005 - Current - Freelance Production Manager working on dramas, obs docs, documentaries, entertainment shows for various broadcasters including S4C, BBC, Channel 4 and 5
Career Future Goals
- To continue working on high end drama productions as a Production Manager and eventually Line Producer.
- Proud to have worked on a diverse range of programmes from popular dramas to observational documentaries that have been watched by a large audience, eg Doctor Who, One Born Every Minute.