Screen Careers: 2nd Unit Director
On many films, some scripted stunt action sequences that may not require the actors are directed by a 2nd unit director & a separate filming crew. This then allows the main unit director to continue shooting with his actors & separate film crew on a different location.
Credits: The Crown, The 33, Doctor Who, Sherlock
- From 1983 to the end of 1984 I worked as a Circus aerialist touring the UK.
- 1985 to 86 I toured with a medieval jousting show and worked as a film extra.
- 1986 I Joined the British Equity Stunt Register, at the youngest age possible.
- After qualifying as a Stunt Co-ordinator in 1991, I started to Co-ordinate film and TV shows along as working as a Stunt performer which I continue to do.
- In 2010 I was asked to direct 2nd unit on a feature film shooting in Spain, which led to the next chapter of my career as a member of the Directors Guild of America.
- To continue with Global travel and to create sequences that people will enjoy to view.
- And to help the next generation of Stunt performers to work safely and learn from our past experiences.
- Membership of Equity, SAG , BAFTA and the DGA along with Global travel.
- Co ordaining and Directing while living in California.