Screen Careers: Costume Designer
Costume is at the core of a film or TV drama. As well as contributing to the look, it helps actors feel emotionally connected to the character they are playing through wearing the character’s clothes.
Credits: Casualty, On the Edge, The Left Behind
- 1998/99: Post Graduate Diploma in Theatre Design, specialising in costume, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.
- 1999/2005: Theatre Costume Assistant, Maker, Touring Wardrobe Mistress and Assistant Designer roles in theatre and live music events. The Torch Theatre, Sherman Theatre, Hijinx, Diversions, Everyman, Production North.
- 2001/2005: Trainee Costume Assistant, Costume Assistant, Principal Standby for TV drama and short film. Pobol Y Cwm, The Bench, A Light in The City, Crossroads, Doctor Who.
- 2006/11: Costume Supervisor for Doctor Who, Torchwood, Upstairs Downstairs.
- 2003/2020: Costume Designer for TV Drama, Short Film and Commercials.
- Costume Supervisor, ‘Doctor Who’, working on location in Rome, Dubai and Croatia.
- Associate Costume Designer, ‘Torchwood – Miracle Day’.
- BAFTA Cymru Award Winner 2012, ‘Tati’s Hotel’.
- Costume Designer for RTS and BAFTA winning drama, ‘The Left Behind’.
Career Future Goals
- To continue to work on interesting and challenging productions within Wales
- And work to increase diversity and training within the costume department.