In the new year we introduced producers to a new MindSet; our screen industry-specific mental health awareness training programme supported by the ScreenSkills Film Skills Fund.
This unique two-day training programme delivered bespoke opportunities to widen awareness of mental health in the workplace, and equipped producers, Heads of Department and screen industry managers with the skills to nurture inclusive working environments.
- Developed skills & strategies for best practice around mental health in the screen industries:
- Improved confidence in discussing factors related to mental health (presented with the effective language skills to do so)
- Greater awareness of current best practice guidelines around mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Enhanced understanding of risk management (identify/act)
- The knowledge to create and maintain inclusive industry-specific working environments
- New people management skills
- Peer-to-peer platform benefits; mentorship opportunities, new sectoral relationships, skill and knowledge sharing, involvement in programme legacy initiatives.