Screen Careers: Sound Assistant
The sound assistant or also knows as the boom operator assist the sound mixer by operating the microphone which is attached to a long pole, in order to capture the best sound quality from the actor’s dialogue performed on set.
Credits: Doctor Who, Sherlock, Bang
- 2003 – 2006 University
- Degree (BA) Bournemouth University (Interactive Media Production)
- 2006 – 2009 Assistant Director (runner)
- Office runner (6 months), Floor Runner (3 years), 3rd assistant director (6 months)
- 2009 – 2020 Sound Department
- Trainee (1 year), 2nd AS: (3 years), 1st AS: 2015-present
- Other work
- During 2010 I was presented with an opportunity to work in S. Africa for 6 months as part of a small 3-man documentary crew on a series called The Lion Man.
- Between work / university at the early stages of my career I was part of the Cardiff Council site crew working on events run by the council in Cardiff (2000 – 2007)
- Working abroad: Italy, Denmark, Spain, Bulgaria, S. Africa
- Filming Lions and other various animals in S. Africa national parks
- Meeting lots of different people who become good friends