Screen Careers: Grip
Grips make sure that what the director and director of photography want to achieve on a shoot is possible. While directors think of the artistry of the shots, grips work out how they are going to move the cameras to make that happen.
Credits: The First Team , Six Minutes to Midnight
- 2011-2014 BA Film & Television Studies, London Metropolitan University
- 2014-2017 MA Filmmaking, The London Film School
- 2017 Touchstone Grip Training programme with Screenskills, Bectu, and Grips Branch
- 2017-2019 Grip Trainee, working a range of different projects from music promos, commercials,
- television, and feature films
- 2019 Stepped up to ‘uncertified grip’
Career Future Goals:
- Eventually to become an NVQ Level 3 grip, but for now just getting as much experience as possible.
- Working on every kind of project with any sort of budget. From 3 weeks night shoot in early March in the Yorkshire mud to six weeks of very hot sunshine in Wales.
- Working with every piece of equipment from techno-cranes to picking the camera off the operators shoulder.
- Working with all kinds of grips and always doing my best.