Ffilm Cymru Wales aims to identify and nurture Welsh filmmakers – particularly producers, writers and directors - by supporting and encouraging the development of their work and ambitions. We are also keen to encourage films with Welsh cultural content, reflecting Wales and Welsh life, as part of our portfolio.
- Our unique Magnifier approach to the development and production of feature films.
- Project specific advice and assistance
- Professional development and mentoring
- Advice, funding and information on the exploitation of the Intellectual Property and brand extension of a film,
including cross-media opportunities and marketing and social media opportunities
- Advice and assistance with PR/branding and marketing
We receive in excess of 500 applications for development and production support each year and it supports approximately 50 development projects at any one time with a diverse slate covering a variety of genres and budgets. We make on average 10-12 development awards per year.
We are now introducing a twice yearly call for applications for development funding. The next deadline for applications will be end of May 2017.
For more information, please read our Development Funding guidelines.